DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A man who was said to be intoxicated kept police in Dallas involved in a three-hour standoff. The incident started at about 11:30 p.m. Sunday night, when authorities were alerted to a man who allegedly tried to strangle his mother and push her down the stairs of an apartment complex along Meadow Road, just east of Central Expressway.
According to police, the unidentified suspect brandished a knife and barricaded himself inside of an apartment unit. There was concern because the suspect had access to a gun, but he never fired shots. Police eventually checked the apartment, but found nobody inside.
The suspect was found a short time later, passed out in an apartment breezeway. He resisted arrested and had to be subdued by police with a Taser before being taken into custody.
Meadow Road was closed during the standoff, but opened to traffic again once the situation had been resolved.
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out