ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) - An Arlington man is behind bars in Oklahoma where he’s accused of trying to arrange a sex meeting with an eight-year-old girl.
Scott Froedge, 34, is already a registered sex offender and is now jailed in Oklahoma on additional sex charges.
According to Master Sergeant Gary Knight, the eight-year-old girl that Froedge was attempting to meet from the internet was actually a fictitious character created by Oklahoma City investigators. Knight says that even though the girl was fiction, Froedge was still trying to have sex with her over social network sites and has been jailed on a charge of child sexual exploitation.
“It’s not uncommon for our guys to always be looking for people who are engaging in this type of activity,” said Knight, “and these type of arrests do happen because there are unfortunately these type of individuals who will try to meet and have sex with underage children.”
Ten years ago, Froedge was convicted on child pornography charges in Texas.
Also Check Out:
- Halloween Display Catching Family In Web Of Controversy
- Indiana Woman Vanishes From DFW Airport
- Sheriff: Parker County Teen Killed Mom And Sister
- American Airlines Pulls More Jets Following 3rd Seat Incident
- McKinney Police Chief Doug Kowalski Forced Out