AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – Don’t mess with Texas elections.
That’s the double-down message Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott delivered Thursday to poll watchers affiliated with United Nations who want to come and observe voting on Election Day.
The squabble started after Abbott wrote to the Organization for Security and Co-Operation in Europe, threatening to prosecute any of its members who come near a polling location.
The OSCE wants to go to Texas this year, like it has to poll locations across the U.S. since 2002.
The group calls Abbott’s threat “unacceptable” in a letter to the State Department. Abbott on Thursday tweeted his response: “BRING IT.”
The State Department says it has reassured Texas that OSCE will follow state election laws.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct