FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - An overturned tanker truck shut down all lanes of southbound Interstate-35W at Northeast 28th Street in Fort Worth just before 4:30 a.m. Friday morning. The truck was carrying a load of salt water.
According to authorities, the truck driver was simply coming too quickly off of the ramp, causing the water load to shift. That resulted in the truck flipping onto its side across the highway.
The driver was not injured, however, the truck started leaking salt water onto the road. Crews arrived on the scene and cleaned up the mess. Traffic now appears to be moving normally once again.
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct