DALLAS (AP) – Bishop T.D. Jakes is bringing his religious conference MegaFest to Dallas for the first time.
Jakes is senior pastor of The Potter’s House, a 30,000-member Dallas-based church. MegaFest debuted in Atlanta in 2004 and was held there for the next two years as well. It then returned to be held in South Africa in 2008.
The Dallas Morning News reports that the conference, which can attract more than 100,000 participants, will run Aug. 29-31 at the Dallas Convention Center.
The announcement that MegaFest would be coming to Dallas was made Friday at the annual meeting of the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct