Pilots, American Could Be Close To Deal
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – American Airlines and the Allied Pilots Association appear close to a deal on a contract.
American’s parent company AMR Corp. has reportedly sent a letter to the pilots saying that they are close to a deal with the union and the union is saying that the announcement could come next week.
Both sides have been trying to work out a deal ahead of a deadline in bankruptcy court in New York.
The pilots union has been in tense on-again, off-again talks with American following the company’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization filing.
The tentative deal comes on the heels of the announcement that American will hire 2,500 pilots over the next five years.
There has been a lot of speculation through this whole process that US Airways will merge with American, something AMR Corp. hasn’t ruled out.
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct