HOUSTON (AP) - The Houston Astros have received an apology from Major League Baseball Properties and MLB Advanced Media after products featuring their new logo were leaked this weekend.
The team is switching its uniforms and logo for the 2013 season, when it moves to the American League. The Astros have plans to unveil the new look at an event on Friday. But the new logo was seen on some products online this weekend. Also this weekend, a local sporting goods store displayed T-shirts with the new logo. They were quickly pulled.
The leaked products feature a white H over an orange star.
The joint statement from MLB properties and MLB Advanced Media on Sunday says in part: “We apologize to the Houston Astros and their great fans for the premature, online availability of officially-licensed product featuring the new Astros logo. It is an error that should have been caught and an error we regret.”
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct