From Dallas Cowboys
IRVING (AP) - The Dallas Cowboys now must try to keep their season from slipping out of reach.
They were so close to being within a half-game of the NFC East lead and having a vital tiebreaker. But they missed a season sweep of the division-leading New York Giants (6-2) by the length of Dez Bryant’s fingertips.
Coach Jason Garrett said Monday there’s a tremendous amount of urgency for Dallas (3-4) going into Sunday night’s game at Atlanta (7-0), the NFL’s only undefeated team.
The Cowboys trailed 23-0 in their 29-24 loss Sunday to New York. They almost had an unprecedented comeback win, but Bryant’s apparent leaping 37-yard TD catch with 10 seconds left was overturned by a replay that showed his hand hit out of bounds first.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- Family Changes Controversial Halloween Display
- Big Tex Burned On State Fair’s Final Weekend
- Plano ISD Did Not Notify Police Of Teacher Misconduct