Both American and Southwest fly in to Newark and LaGuardia airports, American also flies in to JFK.
The airlines say they’re making the unusual move to ensure they’ll have enough to be able to fly out again.
New York airports have been struggling to maintain their jet fuel supplies in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
MORE FROM CBS NEWS: Flights to NYC taking extra fuel due to shortage worries
Also Check Out:
- Diabetic Texas Teen Hit With Taser After Crash
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- North Texas Pastor Murdered, Assailant Later Dies
- Dallas Billboard Claims MLK Was A Republican