COLLEGE STATION (AP) - Police say a Texas A&M University student has been struck and killed by a freight train.
College Station police identified the victim as 19-year-old Garrett Cole Luce of College Station.
Investigators say Luce was struck shortly before 3:00 a.m. Sunday. The pedestrian was dead at the scene.
Union Pacific spokeswoman Raquel Espinoza says engineers saw something on the tracks and blew the train’s whistle. Espinoza says the crew didn’t know a person was on the tracks until the train got closer.
An autopsy has been ordered.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Diabetic Texas Teen Hit With Taser After Crash
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless Man Saves Police Officer From Attack
- North Texas Mom Holds Guinness ‘Breastmilk Donated’ Record
- North Texas Pastor Murdered, Assailant Later Dies
- Dallas Billboard Claims MLK Was A Republican