DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A man’s body was found in a South Dallas creek bed on Thursday. The area is just off Interstate-35E and Marsalis, near the Dallas Zoo.
Dallas Police Department spokesperson Melinda Gutierrez explained how first responders learned about the body. “He was found by an officer who was inspecting the area for illegal dumping. At this time we don’t know… it’s going to be investigated as an unexplained death.”
Steep inclines and yards of straight drop-offs, up to 40 feet, surround Cedar Creek, making it hard for police and rescuers. “The body was difficult to get to,” Gutierrez said. “The fire department was called so that they could cut a pathway through so the medical examiner could go down and retrieve the body.”
It’s not clear how the person died or how long his body was in the creek. His identity has not been determined.
Also Check Out:
- White House Petition To Let Texas Secede Reaches Goal
- Student Mentor Arrested For Indecency Charge With Teens
- Woman Found Dead Inside Her Arlington Home
- Texas Democrats Move To Legalize Marijuana
- ME Confirms: Body Found In Trunk Is Missing Girl