DALLAS (AP) - SMU coach Larry Brown has signed three players to national letters of intent to be part of the Mustangs’ debut in the Big East Conference next season.
The signing class Wednesday included a pair of standout high school players from the Chicago area, 6-foot-4 guard Sterling Brown and 6-8 forward Ben Moore, along with 6-11 junior college forward Yanick Moreira.
Brown, the Hall of Fame coach in his first season at SMU, says the three players are high-character kids from winning programs that are athletic and can play multiple positions.
Along with the three signees, the Mustangs have three transfers who are sitting out this season.
Sterling Brown is the younger brother of Phoenix Suns guard Shannon Brown, who was coached by Larry Brown in Charlotte.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- White House Petition To Let Texas Secede Reaches Goal
- Student Mentor Arrested For Indecency Charge With Teens
- Woman Found Dead Inside Her Arlington Home
- Texas Democrats Move To Legalize Marijuana
- ME Confirms: Body Found In Trunk Is Missing Girl