CHARLESTON (AP) - Askia Booker scored 19 points and Colorado survived some dreadful foul shooting down the stretch to hold off No. 16 Baylor 60-58 at the Charleston Classic on Friday.
The Buffaloes (3-0) advance to Sunday night’s championship game. They also earned a measure of payback for last March, when the Bears (3-1) knocked them out in the NCAA tournament’s third round.
It wasn’t easy for Colorado, though, which went 4 of 18 from the foul line. Andre Roberson missed two free throws with 3.1 seconds left that gave Baylor one final chance.
But Isaiah Austin’s catch-and-shoot attempt was off the right rim as the buzzer sounded.
Baylor star Pierre Jackson had just 12 points after scoring 31 in an opening-round win here against Boston College.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- White House Petition To Let Texas Secede Reaches Goal
- Student Mentor Arrested For Indecency Charge With Teens
- Woman Found Dead Inside Her Arlington Home
- Texas Democrats Move To Legalize Marijuana
- ME Confirms: Body Found In Trunk Is Missing Girl