NEW YORK (AP) - A 24-year-old college student has accused longtime Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of sexually abusing him when he was 15.
A lawsuit filed Tuesday in New York by Cecil Singleton accuses Clash of engaging in sexual behavior with him over a two-week period while he was under-age. Singleton said they met on a gay chat line.
At a news conference, Singleton said he had no idea at the time what Clash did for a living.
Earlier Tuesday, Clash resigned from “Sesame Street” after 28 years, after denying an allegation that he had sex with another underage boy. He cited personal matters but did not address the new allegations.
Singleton’s lawyer, Jeff Herman, said he had been contacted by two other potential victims and expected additional legal action.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- ‘Cops & Robbers’ Game Goes Over Badly With Cops
- Pet Medicine Becoming Human Business
- Massive Explosion & Chemical Fire At Garland Plant
- Court Cries After Girl’s Letter To Drunk Driver
- Military Veterans Killed In Midland Train Wreck