AUSTIN (AP) - Thanksgiving came early for some Texas military personnel who were treated to a holiday meal at the Governor’s Mansion in Austin.
Gov. Rick Perry and his wife, Anita, hosted Monday’s luncheon for veterans and active-duty military to thank them for their service. More than a dozen people attended.
The Texas Veterans Commission, Texas Military Forces, F7 Group, Hope for the Warriors, Lone Star Veterans and Warriors Weekend assisted with the luncheon.
Perry’s office also says Christmas decorations for the Governor’s Mansion will feature a military theme.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- ‘Cops & Robbers’ Game Goes Over Badly With Cops
- Pet Medicine Becoming Human Business
- Massive Explosion & Chemical Fire At Garland Plant
- Court Cries After Girl’s Letter To Drunk Driver
- Military Veterans Killed In Midland Train Wreck