DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A family dog was rescued by firefighters after being trapped inside a burning home on Friday in east Denton.
The Denton Fire Department responded to a structure fire call at approximately 6:40 p.m., but found no one in the home. However, a small dog was found to be trapped inside the house.
Firefighters immediately removed the dog from the house, but noted that the dog was having trouble breathing. Denton Paramedics used their newly acquired Pet O2 masks to revive and stabilize the dog.
“Once we applied the Pet O2 mask, the dog began doing much better and was able to sit up,” firefighter Michael Lugo said in a statement.
The dog was transported to a nearby animal hospital for further evaluation and treatment.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Also Check Out:
- Larry Hagman Dead At The Age Of 81
- Hurst Officer Outburst Caught On Video
- Dallas Man Attacked By Pack Of Pit Bulls
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?
- Military Veterans Killed In Midland Train Wreck