BALTIMORE (AP) – Kansas State’s Collin Klein has won the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award, given to the nation’s top upperclassman quarterback.
Klein passed for 2,490 yards, ran for 890 and accounted for 37 touchdowns (22 rushing and 15 passing) for the No. 7 Wildcats (11-1).
The other finalists were Southern California’s Matt Barkley, West Virginia’s Geno Smith, Florida State’s EJ Manuel and Alabama’s AJ McCarron. The winner was announced on Monday.
Klein is also a finalist for the Heisman Trophy.
Last year’s Unitas Award winner was Andrew Luck.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Larry Hagman Dead At The Age Of 81
- Hurst Officer Outburst Caught On Video
- Dallas Man Attacked By Pack Of Pit Bulls
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?
- Military Veterans Killed In Midland Train Wreck