KEMP (CBSDFW.COM) – A Kaufman County woman was shot and killed on Monday evening after trying to prevent her boyfriend from committing suicide, according to the Kaufman County Sheriff’s Office. The man then turned the gun on himself.
According to a release from the Sheriff’s Office, a third party to the shooting reported that Brittany Markham, 21, of Kemp, was trying to keep James Alan Nix, 41, from injuring himself when the gun went off, hitting Markham.
As the third party ran from the house toward the street to get help, a second shot was heard.
Police arrived at the residence – in the 18000 block of FM 2613 – and found the suspect and victim just inside the front door deceased from gunshot wounds.
Kaufman County officers are still investigating the case.
Also Check Out:
- Larry Hagman Dead At The Age Of 81
- Hurst Officer Outburst Caught On Video
- Dallas Man Attacked By Pack Of Pit Bulls
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?
- Military Veterans Killed In Midland Train Wreck