ATLANTA (AP) - Officials at Lockheed Martin have announced the company is moving 560 Marietta-based manufacturing jobs to Texas.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Tuesday reported employees who worked on F-22 Raptor stealth fighter jets will be relocated to Fort Worth next year. About 600 Lockheed employees work on F-22 jets in Marietta.
The newspaper reports the move will save the company about $50 million annually, and the company has cut about 26,000 jobs over the past three years.
The company’s Marietta-based workforce has decreased by about 1,000 in 2012.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Larry Hagman Dead At The Age Of 81
- Hurst Officer Outburst Caught On Video
- Dallas Man Attacked By Pack Of Pit Bulls
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?
- Military Veterans Killed In Midland Train Wreck