LEAGUE CITY (AP) - Police say a 79-year-old Houston-area man used a karate chop to disable an intruder and disarmed him until officers could get to his house.
Police in League City, a suburb, say Ervin Brittnacher reported noises outside his house awakened him about 6 a.m. Monday. Police Lt. Bruce Whitten says he went to the door and saw a man armed with a rifle. Whitten says Brittnacher hit him in the throat with the side of his hand, took his rifle and ordered him to sit down until police arrived.
Charles Brian Smith is charged with attempted burglary. The 38-year-old Alvin man is in Galveston County Jail with bond set at $40,000. Online jail records don’t list an attorney for Smith.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Larry Hagman Dead At The Age Of 81
- Hurst Officer Outburst Caught On Video
- Dallas Man Attacked By Pack Of Pit Bulls
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?
- Military Veterans Killed In Midland Train Wreck