CBS, home of Super Bowl XLVII, will create CBS Super Bowl Park at Jackson Square in the heart of the historic French Quarter in New Orleans, La., to serve as the CBS Corporation’s central broadcast center. For the week leading up to the CBS Television Network’s exclusive broadcast of the Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 3, the Corporation’s assets in network and local television, radio, cable, premium television and digital will cover the Super Bowl from all angles, including entertainment, news and sports.
“The Super Bowl is the granddaddy of big event television, and our approach this year is unlike anything we have ever done,” said Leslie Moonves, President and CEO, CBS Corporation. “For the first time, CBS Corporation will have week-long, round-the-clock Super Bowl coverage on more than a half-dozen platforms. Creating CBS Super Bowl Park at Jackson Square as the center of all this activity will make it even more compelling, and also illustrate the collaborative efforts across the Company.”
CBS Super Bowl Park at Jackson Square will be home to 15 different shows from nine CBS divisions across multiple platforms including broadcast, cable and premium television, radio and digital from Monday, Jan. 28 – Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 3. The shows and divisions broadcasting from Jackson Square are:
• THE SUPER BOWL TODAY – CBS’s THE NFL TODAY hosts James Brown, Dan Marino, Bill Cowher, Shannon Sharpe and Boomer Esiason will count down to kick-off on the Super Bowl XLVII pre-game show.
• SUPER BOWL LIVE – The Corporation’s cable network, CBS Sports Network, will go Primetime at the Super Bowl Monday through Saturday with all the latest news information and guest analysts.
• INSIDE THE SUPER BOWL – CBS Sports Network’s afternoon show will broadcast Monday through Friday from Radio Row and on Saturday and Sunday morning from Jackson Square.
• CBS THIS MORNING – CBS’s morning news show will broadcast live Thursday through Saturday.
• CBS EVENING NEWS WITH SCOTT PELLEY and CBS EVENING NEWS SATURDAY – CBS’s evening news show will broadcast live from New Orleans Friday and Saturday.
• FACE THE NATION WITH BOB SCHEIFFER – Bob Scheiffer will kick off CBS’s Super Bowl programming on Sunday at 10:30 AM, ET.
• THE TALK – Network television’s fastest-growing daytime talk show will be broadcast live Monday through Friday (2:00-3:00 PM, ET / 1:00-2:00 PM, CT/PT) with a live studio audience. Co-hosts Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne, Sheryl Underwood and Aisha Tyler will welcome celebrity guests and highlight the local flavor of New Orleans.
• LATE LATE SHOW WITH CRAIG FERGUSON – Craig Ferguson will tape before a live audience for a special edition airing on Sunday night after ELEMENTARY and local news, wrapping up CBS’s Super Bowl Sunday programming.
• NFL MONDAY QB – Phil Simms, Rich Gannon, Steve Beuerlein and other CBS quarterbacks will break down the game from the quarterback perspective on CBS Sports Network.
• ROME – Jim Rome will host ROME live Monday through Friday on CBS Sports Network.
• LEAD OFF – CBS Sports Network’s new late night show with Doug Gottlieb and Allie LaForce will cover all the action and buzz from New Orleans.
• INSIDE THE NFL – The Emmy Award-winning SHOWTIME program with James Brown, Phil Simms and Cris Collinsworth will air Wednesday. The show is produced by CBS Sports and NFL Films.
• EYE ON PRO FOOTBALL IN NEW ORLEANS – CBSSports.com will broadcast a daily, live one-hour show. Host Kevin Corke and a variety of NFL experts, including CBSSports.com reporters and Eye on Football writers, will provide real-time analysis of the day’s top stories and discuss the latest news.
• OMG! INSIDER – Kevin Frazier will be hosting all week leading up to the big game taking viewers inside the top trending stories of Super Bowl XLVII, from Beyonce’s secret halftime performance to the players’ game plan to “put a ring on it,” plus hitting the nightlife scene to go “party surfing” with the stars.
• CBS SPORTS RADIO – The newly created CBS Sports Radio will report all week from Jackson Square, in addition to broadcasting from its home base nearby at the Convention Center at the NFL Media Center on “Radio Row.”
• CBS AFFILIATES – CBS Television Affiliates covering Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans will use the Park during their local broadcasts.
CBS Super Bowl Park at Jackson Square will consist of four outdoor sets inside Jackson Square shared across the various shows. The sets were designed to reflect the history and architecture of New Orleans. A fifth set will be located across the street in Washington’s Artillery Park for the CBS affiliates. All CBS shows and platforms at CBS Super Bowl Park will share facilities, equipment, office space and personnel throughout the week.
Jackson Square, the historic park in the heart of the famed French Quarter, will serve as the backdrop for CBS’s coverage and will remain open to the public.
The programming schedules for each show will be released at a later date.
Also Check Out: