LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - Texas A&M junior Luke Joeckel has won the Outland Trophy, given to the nation’s outstanding interior lineman. He beat out fellow finalists Jonathan Cooper from North Carolina and Alabama’s Barrett Jones.
Joeckel helped the Aggies average 235.1 yards rushing per game. The Aggies also had the third-ranked scoring offense in the country at 44.8 points per game.
He is the third straight offensive player to win the award and first from Texas A&M.
Texas A&M went 10-2 in its first Southeastern Conference season, earning a Cotton Bowl berth against Oklahoma on Jan. 4.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19,000 In 13 Seconds
- Mothers & Daughters Bond Over Plastic Surgery
- Texas Woman Killed Trying To Prevent Boyfriend’s Suicide
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?