DENTON (AP) — Tony Mitchell had a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds to lead North Texas to an 83-65 win over Jackson State, snapping a four-game losing streak.
Christian Williams scored 24 points for Jackson State (0-5).
Mitchell was 6 of 9 from the field, leading five players in double figures. Alzee Williams scored 14 points, and Roger Franklin had 13 and seven rebounds. Chris Jones and Jordan Williams had 11 apiece.
Jackson State, which led at halftime 33-32, was out in front 56-52 with 11:55 to play. But the Mean Green gained control, outscoring the Tigers 31-9. The Tigers drew even at 59, but Alzee Williams made a free throw, and North Texas (4-6) took the lead for good.
Christian Williams was 6 of 11 from the field for the Tigers. Dundrecous Nelson scored 11 points. Willie Readus and Raymond Gregory had five rebounds apiece.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19,000 In 13 Seconds
- Mothers & Daughters Bond Over Plastic Surgery
- Texas Woman Killed Trying To Prevent Boyfriend’s Suicide
- Cowboys Josh Brent Arrested On Intoxication Manslaughter Charges