AUSTIN (AP) – Texas electors will gather at the State Capitol to cast the state’s 38 electoral votes for president and vice president.
Texas has 38 electoral votes which Republican nominee Mitt Romney won easily during last month’s election.
The electors were chosen by the Republican Party according to its rules.
They will meet Monday afternoon in the House Chamber for a meeting convened by new Texas Secretary of State John Sheen. Also in attendance will be Wallace Jefferson, chief justice of the Texas Supreme Court
Despite Texas and its electoral votes going for Romney, President Barack Obama won re-election by a 332 to 206 Electoral College tally.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- 2 Fatalities Confirmed In North Texas Plane Crash
- PD: Father Carved Pentagram On 6-Year-Old Son’s Back
- Pro Bowl NT Physically Confronted Jerry Jones In Locker Room