WASHINGTON (AP) – House Speaker John Boehner is proposing a ‘Plan B’ option to keep taxes from increasing on people making less than $1 million on Jan. 1.
A Boehner aide says the speaker is calling on Congress to pass a bill on only the tax cuts, while also working with the White House to avert the “fiscal cliff,” which includes a series of spending cuts.
The aide said Boehner presented the proposals to the House GOP during a caucus meeting Tuesday morning. He informed the president of his ‘Plan B’ option during a phone call Monday night.
The aide requested anonymity in order to discuss private negotiations.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- 2 Fatalities Confirmed In North Texas Plane Crash
- PD: Father Carved Pentagram On 6-Year-Old Son’s Back
- Pro Bowl NT Physically Confronted Jerry Jones In Locker Room