NORMAN (AP) – So which of the three finalists for the Heisman Trophy really has been college football’s best player this season? Check back with the Oklahoma Sooners after the Cotton Bowl and they could offer an educated opinion.
No. 12 Oklahoma (10-2) will complete a Heisman trifecta of sorts when the Sooners face No. 10 Texas A&M (10-2) in the Jan. 4 game in Arlington, Texas. The Aggies are led by quarterback Johnny Manziel, who this month became the first freshman to win the Heisman and on Tuesday was named as the AP Player of the Year.
Oklahoma already has faced the other two players who finished in the top three in this season’s Heisman balloting: Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o and Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- 2 Fatalities Confirmed In North Texas Plane Crash
- PD: Father Carved Pentagram On 6-Year-Old Son’s Back
- Pro Bowl NT Physically Confronted Jerry Jones In Locker Room