DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dec. 21., 2012 will not mark the end of the world – and NASA is out to prove it in a recently released video entitled “Why the World Didn’t End Yesterday”.
Scientists at NASA explored the history and science behind the Mayan calendar and concluded that the well-known prophecy of the world ending is nothing more than a misconception.
According to Mayan theology, the world was created 5,125 years ago, a date that would read “130000″ in the Mayan system. On Dec. 21, 2012, the date will once again read “130000″.
While this is a significant interval of time in Mayan theology, there is no destruction associated with the interval.
None of the Mayan ruins, tablets, or standing stones analyzed by archaeologists foretell an end of the world, according to NASA.
Watch the video for more information or visit NASA’s dedicated FAQ page.
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Ms. Grinch Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search