HOUSTON (AP) — Ex-President George H.W. Bush’s monthlong stay in a Houston hospital for treatment of a bronchitis-related cough appears to be nearing an end.
Bush spokesman Jim McGrath said Thursday that Bush might be released from the Methodist Hospital at the weekend and be home in time Christmas.
Hospital officials have said the 88-year-old former president is steadily improving and that he’s been receiving physical therapy to increase his strength.
Bush has been in the hospital since November 23. He also was in the hospital with a cough for about a week in early November.
Bush and his wife, Barbara, spend winters at their home in Houston and summers at their home in Kennebunkport, Maine.
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Ms. Grinch Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search