SAN ANTONIO (CBSDFW.COM) - Coach Mack Brown and his Texas Longhorns really needed to silence the critics.
Well, his program got just what they needed in a come from behind victory against Oregon State on Saturday night at the Alamo Bowl.
Texas out-scored the Beavers 14-0 in the fourth quarter in route to the 31-27 win.
The biggest play of the night came off of a David Ash 36 yard touchdown pass to Marquise Goodwin with 2:24 remaining in the game. That play gave Texas it’s first and only lead of the game.
Oregon State had a chance to win the game on it’s final drive, but back to back sacks from the Texas Defense ended the possibility of a comeback.
It was a rough start to the week for the Longhorns after two players were suspended for breaking team rules. Coach Brown and his team finally has something to smile about after getting a huge win over the 13th ranked oppenent in the country.
Texas ends the season with a 9-4 record, and Mack Brown improved his bowl record to 10-4 all time as The University of Texas Head Coach.
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Ms. Grinch Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search