NEW YORK (CBS NEWS) - Pantone, the authority on color, announced that Emerald is the official color of the new year. After conducting a poll and research, the institute picked Emerald, which it called “lively, radiant and lush green,” for the color of 2013.
“Green is the most abundant hue in nature — the human eye sees more green than any other color in the spectrum,” said Pantone Color Institute’s executive director Leatrice Eiseman. “It’s also the color of growth, renewal, and prosperity — no other color conveys regeneration more than green. For centuries, many countries have chosen green to represent healing and unity.”
Last year, Patone selected Tangerine Tango as the official color of 2012.
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Ms. Grinch Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search