FORT WORTH (CBS 11 NEWS) – American Airlines’ CEO Tom Horton says it will be “a matter of weeks” before a decision is made about a merger with U-S Airways.
Horton made the statement in a letter to employees today.
Also tonight, the union representing American Airlines’ flight attendants approved a memo of understanding that could lead to a merger with U-S Airways.
This comes five days after American’s pilots union also approved the measure.
It covers temporary work rules and wages if there’s a merger.
American’s management, and executives and unions at U-S Airways are also considering the memo of understanding.
The AMR board meets January 9th.
Also Check Out:
- Sporting Goods Customers Complain: Guns Paid For, But Not Delivered
- Dallas Meat Packer Indicted For Pig Blood Pollution
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search