STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) - Chynna Brown scored 15 points, including a tie-breaking 3-pointer with 45 seconds to play, and Texas Tech defeated No. 13 Oklahoma State 64-59 Wednesday night in the Big 12 opener for both schools.
Kelsi Baker had 14 points and six rebounds as the Lady Raiders (11-2) stopped Oklahoma State’s winning streak at 17 games. The streak, which extended to last season’s Cowgirls WNIT title, had been the longest in the nation.
Monique Smalls scored 12 points. Smalls and Casey Morris made two free throws apiece down the stretch for Texas Tech, which has won four of the last five in the series against OSU.
Tiffany Bias led the Cowgirls (11-1) with 27 points and Toni Young had 12 points and 12 rebounds before fouling out. The Cowgirls led 18-5 just 8 minutes into the game, but Texas Tech came back to lead 32-27 at halftime.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Sporting Goods Customers Complain: Guns Paid For, But Not Delivered
- Dallas Meat Packer Indicted For Pig Blood Pollution
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search