WACO (AP) - Brittney Griner scored the game’s first five points and finished with 23 as Baylor led throughout in its first game since taking back the No. 1 spot, defeating 25th-ranked Iowa State 67-39 on Wednesday night.
Griner already had 11 points as Baylor (13-1, 3-0 Big 12) jumped out to a 16-3 lead in just over 8 minutes.
The Lady Bears set a Big 12 record with their 25th consecutive conference victory, breaking a tie with Oklahoma (24 in a row from March 2005-January 2007). Baylor has won 48 games in a row overall at home, the longest active winning streak.
Nikki Moody had 11 points for Iowa State (11-2, 2-1), which had won its first two Big 12 games for the first time in eight seasons, had 15 of its 24 turnovers by halftime.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Cruz: Shutdown May Be Necessary
- 2013 Payroll Tax Increase Means Your Paycheck Will Shrink
- North Texas Teen Killed By Flu Complications Remembered
- Church Elects Registered Sex Offender As Sr. Pastor
- Grapevine Teens Dead In Suspected Narcotics Overdose