GRAYSON COUNTY (CBS 11 NEWS) – Five months after country singer Randy Travis was arrested for DWI, he has been officially charged with the crime. Prosecutors filed a criminal charge of Driving While Intoxicated in Grayson County Court stemming from a one-car accident involving Travis in August 2012. Travis is accused of having a blood-alcohol level greater than 0.15.
“The case has taken some time because of blood tests that have been completed by both the prosecution and the defense,” said Grayson County District Attorney Joe Brown. Brown also says both sides have been negotiating and plan on resolving the charge as soon as possible.
The current charge, which is a Class A misdemeanor, carried a punishment up to two years in jail and a $4000 fine.
Travis was also arrested on a felony charge of Retaliation, which remains under investigation.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Cruz: Shutdown May Be Necessary
- 2013 Payroll Tax Increase Means Your Paycheck Will Shrink
- North Texas Teen Killed By Flu Complications Remembered
- Church Elects Registered Sex Offender As Sr. Pastor
- Grapevine Teens Dead In Suspected Narcotics Overdose