Reporting Jason Allen
Follow the action on Twitter by using the widget on the righthand side of this page.
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – AMR, the parent company of American Airlines, asked a judge Friday for more time to file a plan to emerge from bankruptcy.
If granted, the airline would have until April 1 to file a plan. It’s the fifth time the company has asked for more time, extending the current deadline of March 11 by another 20 days.
In court filings American cited the complexity of the reorganization, as well as needing time to review with its creditors “all strategic alternatives.”
The airline is still looking into a possible merger with US Airways, a process that CEO Tom Horton said last week would likely be determined within a matter of weeks.
Also Check Out:
- Cruz: Shutdown May Be Necessary
- 2013 Payroll Tax Increase Means Your Paycheck Will Shrink
- North Texas Teen Killed By Flu Complications Remembered
- Church Elects Registered Sex Offender As Sr. Pastor
- Grapevine Teens Dead In Suspected Narcotics Overdose