CBS 11 Header TXA 21 Header MeTV Header KRLD Header The Fan Header
Two Great Apps: CBS DFW Weather App: iPhone App Store | Android App Coming Oct | Download
                                   CBS Local App: The Latest From CBS DFW On Your Device | iOS & Android | Download
                                   -Including Breaking News Notifications, Audio and Video from CBS DFW

Local

Fire Destroys Historic Grapevine Home

View Comments
(credit: KTVT/KTXA) Stephanie Lucero
Stephanie is an Emmy Award winning veteran reporter for CBS 11 N...
Read More

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

From Our CBS Music Web Sites

186152214 Fire Destroys Historic Grapevine HomeJIM GAFFIGAN, "My kids have never eaten Hot Pockets

181572784 8 Fire Destroys Historic Grapevine HomeFunny Faced Cheerleaders

 alt=Musicians Then And Now

455079896 Fire Destroys Historic Grapevine HomeWATCH: Iggy Azalea & JLO's Booty Battle

 alt=Remembering Jimi Hendrix 44 Years Later

cowb thumb Fire Destroys Historic Grapevine HomeCowboys Cheerleaders

GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) - A two-alarm fire in Grapevine destroyed a historic two-story home on Friday morning. The incident started just after 4:00 a.m. in the 500 block of Wildwood Drive. Neighbors reported hearing a loud explosion before finding the building engulfed in flames and alerting authorities.

According to Deputy Chief Mark Ashmead with the Grapevine Fire Department, the house was built in the 1860s and was originally the home of the city’s first postmaster. It may have been the oldest structure still standing in Grapevine. “I’m sure it’s a big loss for this historic community,” he said.

Crews were able to extinguish the flames quickly. There were no injuries during the blaze. The cause has not yet been determined. Fire investigators are now interviewing two people who were inside of the home when the fire first started.

Matt Gair is one of the neighbors who heard the loud explosion. He said that the home was discussed during a neighborhood association meeting on Thursday night. There was concern about the condition of the structure — it looked as if it was being neglected. The home had electricity, but no gas service.

Also Check Out:

View Comments