From College Sports
WACO (AP) – Baylor coach Kim Mulkey struggles at times because her top-ranked Lady Bears are showing they can be better even without being perfect again.
The coach’s challenge is making sure her team doesn’t become complacent while winning by nearly 31 points a game. With Brittney Griner and four other senior players, the Lady Bears (14-1) have won 12 in a row since a loss to Stanford a week into the season.
Baylor is the nation’s top shooting team, making half of its shots.
While Mulkey tries to think of ways to motivate her players, she says they have the personality to work even though they know they’re good and are the defending national champions. They were undefeated in the NCAA’s only 40-win season, and want to win another title.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Cruz: Shutdown May Be Necessary
- 2013 Payroll Tax Increase Means Your Paycheck Will Shrink
- North Texas Teen Killed By Flu Complications Remembered
- Church Elects Registered Sex Offender As Sr. Pastor
- Grapevine Teens Dead In Suspected Narcotics Overdose