AUSTIN (CBSNEWS.COM) – Lance Armstrong confessed to Oprah Winfrey during an interview Monday that he used performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France, Winfrey confirmed Tuesday.
The admission — made in an interview to be broadcast in two separate installments starting Thursday on Winfrey’s network — was confirmed by CBS News Monday. Winfrey appeared on “CBS This Morning” on Tuesday to talk about the Armstrong interview, saying that both parties had agreed not to speak publicly about it until the interview aired, but “by the time I left Austin and landed in Chicago you all had already confirmed it.”
Winfrey described Armstrong as “forthcoming” in the interview and while he “did not come clean in the manner that I expected,” she said she was “satisfied by the answers.”
The confession was a stunning reversal for Armstrong after years of public statements, interviews and court battles in which he denied doping and zealously protected his reputation.
Also Check Out:
- Cruz: Shutdown May Be Necessary
- 2013 Payroll Tax Increase Means Your Paycheck Will Shrink
- North Texas Teen Killed By Flu Complications Remembered
- Church Elects Registered Sex Offender As Sr. Pastor
- Grapevine Teens Dead In Suspected Narcotics Overdose