MANHATTAN (AP) – Brittney Griner scored 29 points and top-ranked Baylor routed undersized Kansas State 90-69 on Wednesday night for its 27th consecutive regular season Big 12 victory.
Brooklyn Pope added 12 points and Kimetria Hayden had 11 for the Lady Bears (15-1, 5-0), who have won 13 straight overall since losing to then-No. 4 Stanford early in the year.
The Wildcats managed to stay close in the first half by making eight 3-pointers, but they went cold after the break and the Lady Bears answered with a 21-3 run to put the game away.
Kansas State wound up hitting 13 of a school-record 44 3-point attempts.
Brittany Chambers had four of them and finished with 23 points for the Wildcats (10-7, 1-4), whose only victory since December came by a point to Big 12 bottom-dweller TCU.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies