WASHINGTON (AP) - Antonio Banderas, Rosario Dawson and Marc Anthony are joining an A-list lineup of entertainers who will gather to celebrate Latino culture in Washington on the eve of President Barack Obama’s inauguration.
Eva Longoria is hosting “Latino Inaugural 2013: In Performance at the Kennedy Center” Sunday night. The lineup also includes Jose Feliciano, Prince Royce, Frankie Negron, Rita Moreno and Mario Lopez.
Organizers told The Associated Press Wednesday night that San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, who gave the keynote speech at the Democratic National Convention, will speak to the crowd. Obama has been invited to attend.
Following an election when Latinos showed their growing political strength, a coalition of Latino groups coordinated the inaugural gathering.
The Kennedy Center will present the event in two of its largest theaters.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies