MIAMI (AP) – Tymell Murphy scored 22 points as Florida International held North Texas’ leading scorer without a point in a 70-64 win Thursday night.
Murphy was 11-of-16 shooting as the rest of FIU’s starters hit just 27 percent (10 of 27). Malik Smith hit just 3 of 12 from the field but drained 8 of 10 free throws to finish with 17 points for the Golden Panthers (9-8, 4-4 Sun Belt Conference).
FIU keyed in on North Texas’ Tony Mitchell, who entered averaging 14.6 points and 9.0 rebounds per game, but was held scoreless on 0-for-3 shooting and grabbed just two boards in 32 minutes.
The sophomore did block four shots, giving him 121 for his career and moving him ahead of Jeffrey Simpson for the school record.
Roger Franklin, who entered averaging 9.1 points per game, scored a career-high 29 points on 11-of-15 shooting for North Texas (7-12, 2-6).
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies