HOUSTON (AP) - Retail gasoline prices across Texas are down a penny this week.
AAA Texas reported Thursday the average price for unleaded regular fuel statewide is $3.16 a gallon. That’s also 16 cents per gallon cheaper than the national average.
A year ago, the Texas average was $3.25.
The auto club survey shows El Paso with the least expensive gasoline in Texas, averaging $2.95 per gallon. Drivers in Dallas-Fort Worth are paying the most — $3.20.
AAA says unlike the volatile price swings of a year ago, this year has started with relatively stable fuel prices. But club spokesman Doug Shupe says he can’t say for sure where the prices are going to go in the coming months.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies