TIMPSON (AP) - East Texas has had a minor earthquake.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the 4.1 magnitude quake happened at 1:01 a.m. Friday and was centered about two miles west-northwest of Timpson.
The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office had no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
Timpson is a town of about 1,200 located 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
An earthquake earlier this week in the Dallas area had a 3.0 magnitude. Experts say Tuesday night’s quake was centered about five miles north-northwest of Irving.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies