Dallas Stars CentralShop for Dallas Stars Gear
Buy Dallas Stars Tickets
DALLAS (AP) - Jamie Benn and the Dallas Stars have agreed to a $26.25 million, five-year contract.
The team announced the move Thursday night. The All-Star center gets $5.25 million each season, with the first year of the deal pro-rated because of the NHL lockout.
The 23-year-old Benn was a restricted free agent who set career highs with 26 goals, 37 assists and 63 points for Dallas last season. He played 19 games for the Hamburg Freezers in Germany during the lockout this season, compiling seven goals and 20 points before returning home to British Columbia in December.
Benn is expected to arrive in Dallas early Friday morning and hopes to be in uniform Saturday night when the Stars play St. Louis.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies