FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - Two men died early Monday after a wrong-way crash along Interstate 30 in East Fort Worth.
Police said they were were responding to a report of a wrong-way driver along I-30 at Beach Street around 2:30 a.m., when they were told of the accident.
According to police, a black sedan going at a high rate of speed westbound in the eastbound lanes struck a white coupe head-on.
The drivers of both vehicles died on scene and there was no one else in either car.
Eastbound I-30 was shut down for several hours as police and traffic investigators worked the scene.
There was no immediate word on whether alcohol played a factor in the crash.
The names of the victims have not been released.
Also Check Out:
- Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Small Earthquake Hits North Texas
- Officer Shoots Suspect In College Parking Lot
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- DWI Crash Victim Recovers Despite Lack Of Insurance