WACO (AP) - The Baylor quarterback who succeeded Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III with a record-setting season of his own has decided not to pursue a possible NFL career.
Nick Florence tells the Waco Tribune-Herald that he will focus on completing his master’s degree at Baylor. He expects to be finished in December.
Florence broke Griffin’s school record with 4,309 yards passing as a senior. He threw for 33 touchdowns and ran for 568 yards with 10 scores.
Florence’s 375 total yards a game ranked second nationally behind Heisman winner Johnny Manziel. The Bears finished 8-5 with a Holiday Bowl victory over UCLA.
Florence told the newspaper he doesn’t know if he would have been picked in April’s NFL draft, but that he had no doubt he could have made a team.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center Of Gym Lawsuit
- Angry Dallas Neighbor Allegedly Kills 2 Over Dog Poop
- Kaufman Co. Assistant DA Shot & Killed Near Courthouse
- Texas Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Seven Years Later, Lost Dog Returned To Owner