Reporting Gina Miller
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
SURPRISE, Ariz. (CBSDFW.COM) - Wednesday marks the first official workout for Texas Rangers pitchers and catchers.
Position players must report by Friday before the first full-squad workout on Saturday morning. Adrian Beltre, Mike Olt, Craig Gentry and Ian Kinsler are already in Surprise. Beltre is hitting in the cages as I type this.
Starting pitchers Yu Darvish and Alexi Ogando will throw live on Wednesday morning. We will talk to Darvish after his session. There is not nearly the amount of Japanese media following Darvish’s every move as there was last year.
I talked with Matt Harrison on Wednesday morning. The Rangers made a commitment to him this offseason in the form of a 5-year, $55 million deal. He said that he wants to maintain the edge that got him in that position and hopes to develop his fourth pitch — his slider — better during spring training.
Also Check Out:
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center Of Gym Lawsuit
- Angry Dallas Neighbor Allegedly Kills 2 Over Dog Poop
- Kaufman Co. Assistant DA Shot & Killed Near Courthouse
- Texas Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Seven Years Later, Lost Dog Returned To Owner