Reporting Adrienne Bankert
It didn’t feel like a holiday but it was.
It felt almost like a Friday and yet there is more work than usual to get done.
And today was a big day for Fort Worth based American Airlines, now the largest airline in the nation.
I had a group from St. Philip’s Episcopal School & Community Center come to the station for a program and the question came up, “What does a news anchor do when she’s not ON the news”?
Today, interview CBS Travel Expert Peter Greenberg via Skype. From Abu Dhabi.
The American – US Airways merger is top of mind for Greenberg, who I was able to catch between shoots of his travel show currently in the Middle East.
He has covered the labor talks, the economic angle, whether airline ‘points programs’ matter at all anymore.
Today I asked him about what we Americans should prepare for in light of big changes with the airline of the same name.
He mentioned something thought provoking about travel by ground that I didn’t expect.
And no, it has nothing to do with gasoline prices.
Also Check Out:
- Teacher Suspended After Pouring Pencil Shavings In Student’s Mouth
- Mosquito-Fighting Plan Allows Access To Private Property With No Warrant
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit
- Memorial Service Wraps For Chris Kyle
- Police Expand Hunt For Escaped Florida Inmate