ZURICH (AP) - The United States dropped four spots to No. 32 in the latest FIFA rankings after losing a World Cup qualifier to 51st-ranked Honduras.
World Cup champion Spain leads the rankings and African champion Nigeria moved up 22 places to No. 30 after its victory over Burkina Faso in the African Cup of Nations final.
Spain leads an unchanged top three ahead of Germany and Argentina. Fourth-place England improved two places after beating 18th-ranked Brazil in an exhibition last week. Italy dropped to No.5.
The top ranked African country is No. 12 Ivory Coast, which lost to Nigeria in the quarterfinals.
Mexico leads CONCACAF nations at No. 15. Japan leads Asian nations at No. 28, down seven places.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Teacher Suspended After Pouring Pencil Shavings In Student’s Mouth
- Mosquito-Fighting Plan Allows Access To Private Property With No Warrant
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit
- Memorial Service Wraps For Chris Kyle
- Police Expand Hunt For Escaped Florida Inmate