Dallas Stars CentralShop for Dallas Stars Gear
Buy Dallas Stars Tickets
DALLAS (AP) — The Dallas Stars have promoted goalie Cristopher Nilstorp from the American Hockey League a night after starter Kari Lehtonen left a game with an injury.
Nilstorp was 0-2 in a pair of starts for Dallas before being sent down to the Texas Stars earlier this month. He has a 2.17 goals-against average in 31 games with the Texas Stars.
Lehtonen left in the first period of Friday’s 4-3 win at Vancouver with a lower-body injury. The Stars said he would re-evaluated Saturday. Richard Bachman replaced Lehtonen.
Nilstorp, who turned 29 Saturday, lost a pair of early-season games against Minnesota and St. Louis. He injured a groin against the Blues and went down to the Texas Stars when he was activated from the injured list.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Teacher Suspended After Pouring Pencil Shavings In Student’s Mouth
- Mosquito-Fighting Plan Allows Access To Private Property With No Warrant
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit
- Memorial Service Wraps For Chris Kyle
- Police Expand Hunt For Escaped Florida Inmate